Would you like more ease, trust, and harmony with those you love? Are you wanting to turn up more authentically and confidently with family and friends, despite past hurts, misunderstandings, and differences? (register here)
Join us for our introductory program on Compassionate, Nonviolent Communication to learn about life-changing skills that can support you in being fully heard and fully hearing others.
This program will interest people who would like:
- More empathy, understanding, and compassion in their lives
- New awareness and tools to deepen connection and trust in relationships
- Greater self-connection and capacity to act on your needs
New to Nonviolent Communication (NVC)? This introductory program offers you a live experience of NVC and a chance to see how it can empower and transform your relationship with yourself and others. Join us!
- DATES: Tuesday, February 4, 2020
- TIMES: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- LOCATION: LifeWorks (East), 835 N. Pleasant Valley Rd., Austin, TX 78702 (map)
- COST: $27 early bird (by Dec. 18, 2018); $37 standard (after Dec. 18)
- INSTRUCTOR: Dian Killian, Ph.D.
- QUESTIONS: For questions regarding registration, logistics, scholarships, travel, or housing, email the Registrar, Jeff Brown.
This 2-hour evening program can be enjoyed on its own or as a primer in combination with a 2-day weekend immersion a few days later on Saturday-Sunday, February 8-9, 2020: Authenticity, Intimacy, and Trust: Creating the Relationships You Want.
Also, if you work in the helping professions as a therapist, social worker, or healthcare provider, join us for a professional training designed to you facilitate transformative shifts in your patients and clients using some key skills from Nonviolent Communication: February 5-6, 2019, Moving Through Challenges with Clients & Patients.
We are delighted that Houston NVC is co-sponsoring this event — they are an organization that envisions Greater Houston as a community valuing authenticity, compassion, and respect.
About the Trainer:
Dian Killian, Ph.D., has been a Certified Trainer with the Center for Nonviolent Communication since 2005 and has offered training around the world. She is a co-author of two well-loved NVC books, Connecting across Differences: How to Connect with Anyone, Anywhere, Any Time (in English and German) and Urban Empathy: True Life Adventures of Compassion on the Streets of New York.
Based in Brooklyn, Dian teaches regularly at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, the 92nd Street Y, the New York Open Center, and the Omega Institute and has worked with diverse organizations including Americorps, the United Nations Development Program, the Peace Alliance/Department of Peace campaign, New York University, and Cornell University. She is known for sharing NVC in a clear, down-to-earth, and engaging way with humor and stories.
We’re delighted that you’re planning to join us for this in-person program! We invite you to care for the environment by offsetting your carbon impact in traveling to the event by making a donation to one of these organizations:
- Trees for the Future: Improving the livelihoods of impoverished farmers by revitalizing degraded lands. Donate.
- Tree Sisters: Planetary restoration at the grassroots level with a focus on women and tropical reforestation. Donate.
Work Collaboratively offsets any travel our trainers do by making donations to these two organizations to offset our carbon impact. In addition, we reuse materials, use recycled paper products, and reuse name tag holders. We also avoid using non-reusable, non-durable plastic products.