Collaborative Communication in Organizations
This research was conducted by Merck, Inc. and the Center for Collaborative Communication (then directed by Dian Killian), and directed by Jane Connor, Ph.D., and Dian Killian, Ph.D. The training/coaching project that the research evaluates was designed and led by Dian Killian.
In this two-part study, significant results were found as a result of workplace communication training, including greater efficiency, effectiveness, motivation, and teamwork. These preliminary findings were presented at the Psychologists for Social Responsibility‘s 30th Anniversary Conference on July 13, 2012, in Washington, D.C.
View the research:
- One-sheet summary (1 page)
- Paper presented at the Psychologists for Social Responsibility Conference, “Training in Collaborative Communication in an Organizational Context: Assessment of Impact.” (34 pages)
- Full report: “Collaborative Communication Training: Assessment of Impact.” (80 pages). Section 1 (p. 1-46); Section 2 (p. 47-49); and Section 3 (p. 49-80).
In particular, the study found that:
• 100% of participants report increases in their and others’ efficiency.
• the time to resolve issues was estimated to be reduced by 67-90% and problem-solving time was estimated as cut by 10-33%.
• the increase in overall efficiency due to time saved was estimated at 10-80%.
• the reduction in the number of meetings needed to address an issue was estimated at 50-80%, and staff meeting time was estimated as cut in half.
Curious how we got these results? Want similar effectiveness in your workplace?
The success of any business depends on people working together to accomplish tasks that support the organization in achieving its purpose. As documented in this study, this is most likely to occur when the quality of relationships and communication between people is high and individuals are thriving.
6 thoughts on “Impact of NVC in Business”
Pingback: Making Work More Effective: Implementing Recapping « Work Collaboratively
Pingback: NVC at Work: Transforming Society by Transforming Organizations | Work Collaboratively
Pingback: Self-Management = More Joy at Work | Work Collaboratively
Pingback: Making Work More Effective: Implementing Recapping | Work Collaboratively
Pingback: Impacto da CNV nas empresas | Colibri
Pingback: Na linha de frente: conheça Marshall Rosenberg, revolucionário silencioso | Colibri