Do you ever get so irritated that you just give up or shut down? Or respond in a way that is less than effective?
In this 90-minute interactive program, you’ll learn how to manage yourself in trying situations and discover how to get quickly to the core of what matters for you and others and create better outcomes for everyone involved. Register here.
- Date: Tuesday, July 10, 2018
- Time: 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm ET
- Location: Price Waterhousecoopers, 300 Madison Ave. (at 42nd Street), New York, NY 10017 (Room C1305)
- Subway: 4/5/6/7 or S to Grand Central Terminal (map)
- Sponsor: Out Professionals
Past participants have called this program “profound” and “…very useful for my relationships in the workplace.” It offers “tremendous insight … and tools for separating out the many different things going on when two people try to communicate.”
What you’ll learn:
- Identify on a core level what’s bothering you so you can be more proactive in meeting your needs.
- Better self-manage your reactions, so you can be more skillful in your response.
- Discover what is driving the situation for the other party, so you can more easily find win-win solutions.
- Gain insight into how demands (should’s, ought’s, have to’s) play into unhelpful reactions, such as anger.
This program is for anyone wanting greater choice, self-mastery, and awareness for responding to challenging people and situations. It’s designed to help you transform any situation into one marked by greater insight, connection, and trust. The result? Your awareness increases and your options widen.