At the basis of all healing and transformation is a person being deeply heard by another. Join us to experience first-hand the profound impact of being completely and empathically present to others and yourself.
In this 2-day immersion into Compassionate, Nonviolent Communication — a model developed by psychologist Marshall Rosenberg, Ph.D. and informed by the work of Carl Rogers — you will learn how to incorporate empathic listening into healing and therapeutic work… including somatic-based empathy and empathic-based inner parts exploration. Register here.
- Dates: Thursday and Friday, February 7-8, 2019
- Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm both days
- Location: LifeWorks (East), 835 N. Pleasant Valley Rd., Austin, TX 78702 (map)
- Instructor: Dian Killian, Ph.D.
- Co-sponsor: Houston NVC
- Cost: $397 early bird (by Dec. 15); $447 standard (after Dec. 15)
- Save $100 when you register for this program and the follow-up 6-week online webinar program, “Skillful Presence.” (you can register for both programs on the main registration form)
- Students: $297 early bird; $327 standard. Limit 5 spaces. For full-time students enrolled in an accredited program in a mental health field.
- CEUs: 12 units available for an additional $25 (available to professionals licensed in Texas; people licensed in other states should contact their licensing board to check eligibility)
- Register: Go here.
* NOTE: This program is open only to licensed therapists, social workers, CNVC Certified Trainers or candidates, full-time working coaches, or students in an accredited social work or counseling program.
This experiential workshop includes kinesthetic and somatic learning and practices, role-play exercises (including to practice with clients), and games. The focus is on integrating core practices with clients.
In this program, learn how to support your clients by helping them to:
- Reconnect when shutting down, stuck, or looping.
- Hear what really matters underneath judgments, guilt or shame.
- More powerfully identify, express and meet their needs.
- Make goals and requests that are proactive and achievable.
- Increase self-connection, mind-body awareness, and empathy for themselves and others.
This program will benefit both experienced and new therapists and coaches. Join us to:
- Become more effective and relational with your clients.
- Increase capacity for presence and transformative listening and healing to new, deeper levels.
- Learn practical tools you can apply immediately in your work with clients.
- Attune and attach more effectively, creating more positive change with clients.
- Self-manage and take your practice with others deeper through greater self-exploration of your core needs.
- Fine tune your skills with individuals and couples to help them access deep healing, freedom from self-judgment, and more effective and authentic connection with others.
We are delighted that co-sponsoring this event with us is Houston NVC, an organization that envisions Greater Houston as a community valuing authenticity, compassion, and respect.
How past participants have described this program:
- “Intelligent. Creative alive method.”
- “Dian is amazing. A transformative experience.”
- “A boost to my own abilities and insights as a therapist.”
Follow-up online practicum: Please note that we are also offering a follow-up online practicum on this same topic called, “Skillful Presence: Honing Empathy for Deeper Client Transformation” (starts Feb. 12 and runs six consecutive Tuesdays from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm CT). Register for both programs and save $100!
- A minimum of 15 participants is required to go ahead with this program.
- To keep the quality of instruction high, the program is capped at 28. Register early to guarantee your space… this event has sold out in the past!