Gandhi said, “Be the change you want to see in the world.” But how can we actually do that on a daily basis? And not only out in the world but also with your kids, your partner, and your co-workers? (Register here)
Join us to learn how to “be the change” in how you communicate and interact with others and yourself—from the bedroom to the boardroom, from the dinner table with your kids to the thorny conversations many of us are having (or avoiding) in our communities, workplaces, and nation.
In this highly interactive and inspiring training, learn how to “speak truth to power” (holding your own needs while also maintaining connection with others) and create more harmony, peace, and responsibility—even the most challenging, every day, and high-stakes situations.
In this program, learn how to:
- Hold your own ground with compassion, even in the face of push-back.
- Be authentic and direct, while protecting future connection and trust.
- Self-manage your own reactions and de-escalate charged situations.
- Find common ground and “win-win” solutions.
- Foster shared understanding, mutuality, trust, and collaboration.
- DATES: Saturday & Sunday, October 19-20, 2019
- TIMES: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm both days
- LOCATION: Earth Sky Time Farm, 1547 Main St., Manchester, VT 05255 amidst the beautiful Green Mountain National Forest (map)
- COST: $297/early bird (by Sept. 17); $377/standard (after Sept. 17) — Organic lunch included both days!
- REGISTER HERE
- HOUSING: Stay on-site at Earth Sky Time Farm — email us. Alternately, stay in an Airbnb. If you’re new to Airbnb, save $40 discount on your first booking of $75 or more by using this link.
- QUESTIONS: For questions about registration, housing and overnight accommodations, directions, or other logistics email the host, Stacy Harshman or call her at 802-446-2044.
This program will interest anyone who wants more:
- Intimacy, authenticity, and trust in their relationships
- Ease in speaking up with others, including those in positions of power and with different views
- Authentic peace and harmony—for yourself, your family, and the world
What People are Saying about Dian’s Workshops
“This was a powerful experience in becoming acquainted with my own feelings and needs, some of which were exiled away for a long time.” ~Kathryn Kurdt
“I enjoyed the program and I hope that my learning will improve communication with my partner.”
“An opening, mindful, deep experience on a new way to approach others and myself compassionately with empathy and kindness.” ~Kuldip Rao
“This experience was eye-opening and full of insight.” ~Abigail Thomas
“I learned I was able to practice skills to connect with people and more effectively communicate and work with them. I feel this will really help in my relationships.”
About the Trainer:
Dian Killian, Ph.D., is the founder and lead trainer of Work Collaboratively, an internationally recognized leader in supporting managers and teams in working more effectively together with greater shared vision and harmony.
Dian is the author of Urban Empathy: True Life Adventures of Compassion on the Streets of New York and co-author of Connecting across Differences: How to Connect with Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere. A certified trainer with the Center for Nonviolent Communication and a certified life coach, Dian is passionate about the power of empathy in transforming individual lives and the world.
We’re delighted that you’re planning to join us for this in-person program! We invite you to care for the environment by offsetting your carbon impact in traveling to the event by making a donation to one of these organizations:
- Trees for the Future: Improving the livelihoods of impoverished farmers by revitalizing degraded lands. Donate.
- Tree Sisters: Planetary restoration at the grassroots level with a focus on women and tropical reforestation. Donate.
Work Collaboratively offsets any travel our trainers do by making donations to these two organizations to offset our carbon impact. In addition, we reuse materials, use recycled paper products, and reuse name tag holders. We also avoid using non-reusable, non-durable plastic products.