Most of us long to be fully authentic in our relationships. We want to be accepted and loved for who we are, yet turning up with full honesty can be challenging. We wonder, “Will I be heard?” Or will the other person turn up with defensiveness, misunderstanding, and blame? And when misunderstanding does occur, how can we restore connection and trust?
A. Introductory Program:
- Date: Tuesday, February 5, 2019
- Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Cost: $37 early bird (by Dec. 15, 2019); $47 standard (after Dec. 15)
B. Weekend Immersion:
- Dates: Saturday and Sunday, February 9-10, 2019
- Time: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm both days
- Cost: $297 early bird (by Dec. 15, 2019); $357 standard (after Dec. 15)
C. For both events:
- Location: LifeWorks (East), 835 N. Pleasant Valley Rd., Austin, TX 78702 (map)
- Instructor: Dian Killian, Ph.D.
- Co-sponsor: Houston NVC
- Package Discount: Register for both the Tuesday introduction and the Weekend Immersion for an additional discount: $317 early bird (save $17) / $382 standard (save $25)
- REGISTER: (registration links coming soon)
- Introductory Program only
- Weekend Immersion only
- Package discount (both events)
In this interactive and highly engaging program, learn practical, life-changing skills that will help you:
- Know that you’ve been fully heard and have heard others
- Understand what matters most, on a core level, in any situation
- Resolve differences in a mutually satisfying way
- Find the outcomes you want, free of demand, guilt or shame
- Foster openness and cooperation
- Restore empathy, trust, and connection
This program will interest anyone wanting greater authenticity in their lives and to improve their communication and connection with others, at work or at home. Attend on your own or with family members, coworkers, and friends!
You will take away from this program an ability to:
- Self-manage your own responses, even when hurt, angry or disappointed.
- Understand what’s driving other’s words and actions.
- Separate out your stories and interpretations from what’s actually happening.
- Make concrete, doable requests that will move situations and forward
How past participants have described this program:
- “Pragmatic, effective, beyond what I expected.”
- “This style of communication is like magic.”
- “Powerful simple steps to really connect with another person.”
- “It works!”
- We will be offering follow-up group coaching calls after the in-person training to support your practice and integration. More details will be provided on site.