Do you see me?
Most of us long to be fully authentic in our relationships. We want to be open and loved for who we are. Yet turning up with full honesty can be challenging and scary. Register here.
Do you hear me?
Most of us want to be heard accurately and seen for our intentions. But we wonder to ourselves, “Will the other person respond with understanding and empathy, or rather with defensiveness, misunderstanding, and blame? And when misunderstandings do occur — as they inevitably do — will we be able to restore connection and safety between us?”
Do you accept me?
Can we find greater empathy and understanding with and for our loved ones?
In this interactive and highly engaging program, you will learn practical, life-changing skills to:
- Confirm that you’ve been heard fully and have heard others accurately.
- Confidently understand what matters most, on a core level, in any situation.
- Resolve differences in a mutually caring way.
- Co-create solutions you want, free of demand, guilt or shame.
- Foster openness and cooperation.
- Find greater intimacy, trust, harmony, and connection.
Who will this program interest?
Anyone wanting greater authenticity in their lives and to improve their communication and connection with others, at work and at home. Attend on your own or with family members, coworkers, and friends!
What will you take away? A greater capacity to:
- Self-manage your own responses, even when hurt, angry or disappointed.
- Understand what’s driving other’s words and actions.
- Separate out your stories and interpretations from what’s actually happening.
- Make concrete, doable requests that will move situations and forward with greater harmony and ease.
Some key concepts we’ll explore:
- How is love a need rather than a feeling?
- How is everything we say a form of “please” or “thank you”?
- How do we hear the “yes” behind the “no”?
- How do hold our others needs with care, without giving up on our own?
- How can we be sure we’ve been heard?
- Why is empathy before education so crucial in any conversation?
- What are the two levels of listening and why do both matter?
- Dates: Saturday and Sunday, February 9-10, 2019
- Time: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm both days
- Cost: $297 early bird (by Dec. 15, 2018); $357 standard (after Dec. 15)
- Location: LifeWorks (East), 835 N. Pleasant Valley Rd., Austin, TX 78702 (map)
- Instructor: Dian Killian, Ph.D.
- Co-sponsor: Houston NVC
- REGISTER here (for the 2-hour introduction only)
- Package Discount: Register for both the Tuesday evening introduction and the Weekend Immersion for an additional discount: $307 early bird (save $17) / $372 standard (save $25!). Register for both events here (same form a for 2-day immersion).
We are delighted that co-sponsoring this event with us is Houston NVC, an organization that envisions Greater Houston as a community valuing authenticity, compassion, and respect.
- We will be offering follow-up group coaching calls after the in-person training to support your practice and integration. More details will be provided on site.
What People are Saying about this Program:
- “You are frequently on my mind, but even more so recently as we dropped off our daughter at college this week. I felt so satisfied and grateful for where we are in our relationship, as mother and daughter, and a family unit and SO much of that is because of work I did with you!! Really, Dian, you’ve forever touched and enhanced my life and it ripples out to my family and others! THANK YOU for what you do in the world, and how you do what you do!!”
- “Before I attended the workshop, I didn’t know anything about NVC and didn’t know what to expect. It was a wonderful experience: Dian is a highly professional, emphatic trainer and coach with a warm personality and deep insight into what she’s doing and in people’s responses. Her combination of NVC and other approaches helps to get down to the core of your problems and promotes a better understanding of yourself and others. Highly recommended!”
“Pragmatic, effective, beyond what I expected.”
- “This style of communication is like magic.”
- “Powerful simple steps to really connect with another person.”