Creating the Relationships You Want
Do you see me?
Most of us long to be fully authentic in our relationships. We want to be open and loved for who we are. Yet turning up with full honesty can be challenging and scary. Will we be heard? Will we be seen for our intentions? And will we maintain trust and connection even we are fully honest, direct and authentic?
Do you hear me?
Most of us long to be heard—with accuracy, tenderness, and understanding. But will the other person turn up with openness and empathy, or defensiveness, misunderstanding, demands or blame? And when misunderstanding does occur, how do we restore connection and trust?
Do you accept me?
Everyone longs for both authenticity and acceptance: being embraced fully for who we are. Acceptance without authenticity is meaningless. How do we get both—especially with those we care about most?
In this interactive and highly engaging program, learn practical, life-changing skills to:
- Confirm that you have been heard fully and have heard others accurately
- Confidently understand what matters most, on a core level, in any situation
- Resolve differences in a mutually caring way
- Co-create solutions you want, free of demand, guilt or shame
- Foster openness, cooperation, and trust
- Find greater intimacy, harmony, acceptance, and connection
- Effectively identify your needs and the needs of others in any situation and find solutions that are mutually satisfying and relationship-building.
Dates: Friday, 21 February – Sunday, 23 February 2020
Trainer: Dian Killian, Ph.D.
Location: Taichuang, Taiwan: Sky Hotel 2F in Sky International Banquet Hall
Fees in Taiwan:
- NTD $17,800 (early bird – by 31 January)
- NTD $19,800 (standard – after 31 January)
Registration and Questions: Abby Tsai – email (email@example.com) or Line ID (luojutsai)
- This event has simultaneous English translation.
- Limited space available — 40 participants only.
- Fee includes workshop, snacks, and meals.
What You Will Learn:
By participating in this workshop, you will develop a greater capacity to:
- Self-manage your own responses, even when hurt, angry or disappointed
- Understand what’s driving other’s words and actions
- Separate out your stories and interpretations from what’s actually happening
- Make concrete, doable requests that will move situations forward with greater harmony and ease.
You will learn life-changing new concepts, including:
- How love is a need rather than a feeling
- How everything we say is a form of “please” or “thank you”
- How to hear the “yes” behind the “no”
- How to hold our others needs with care, without giving up on our own
- Why understanding first is more important than ideas or information
- The two levels of knowing you’ve been heard and have heard others
Who will this Workshop Interest?
This program will interest anyone who would like greater authenticity in their lives and to improve their communication and connection with others, at work and at home. Attend on your own or with family members, coworkers, and friends!
What People are Saying about this Program:
“You are frequently on my mind, but even more so recently as we dropped off our daughter at college this week. I felt so satisfied and grateful for where we are in our relationship, as mother and daughter, and a family unit and SO much of that is because of work I did with you!!!! Really, Dian, you’ve forever touched and enhanced my life and it ripples out to my family and others! THANK YOU for what you do in the world, and how you do what you do!!!”
“Before I attended the workshop I didn’t know anything about NVC and didn’t know what to expect. It was a wonderful experience: Dian is a highly professional, emphatic trainer and coach with a warm personality and deep insight into what she’s doing and in people’s responses. Her combination of NVC and other approaches helps to get down to the core of your problems and promotes a better understanding of yourself and others. Highly recommended!”
“Pragmatic, effective, beyond what I expected.”
“This style of communication is like magic.”
“Powerful simple steps to really connect with another person.”
“Come join us for this life-changing program!”
About the Trainer:
Dian Killian, Ph.D., is a Certified Trainer with the Center for Nonviolent Communication, Certified Life coach (graduate of the Coaching for Transformation program) and the founder and director of Work Collaboratively.
She shares Collaborative Communication (as she calls Nonviolent Communication) with organizations, groups, and individuals in the U.S., Europe, and Asia and has designed and led trainings for diverse organizations from large NGOs and Fortune 100 companies to non-profits and startups.
Her clients have included the U.N. Development Program, New York University, Merck Inc., Johnson and Johnson, HCL Technologies (India), Americorps, and Maryknoll Missionaries, among many others. In addition to her work with organizations, Dian designs and leads workshops and retreats for the general public, including the International NVC Women’s Retreat, which she founded, as well as programs at the New York Open Center, Kripalu, Life Labs, the Omega Institute, and the 92nd Street Y, among others.
Dian is also on the faculty of the NVC Academy. She is the co-author of two books, Connecting Across Differences: A Guide to Compassionate, Nonviolent Communication (in English and German), and Urban Empathy: True Life Adventures of Compassion on the Streets of NY. Dian is known for her down-to-earth and engaging way of sharing NVC.
In addition to this training, Dian is leading these events in Taiwan:
- 2-day workshop on 25-26 February 2020, “Nonviolent Communication at Work: How to Sell, Design, and Lead Transformational Trainings in the Workplace“
- 2-day workshop on 29 February – 1 March 2020: Embracing the Body: A Kinesthetic Practice of NVC