How well do you respond to difficult people and situations? Do you judge yourself and others? Or end up disappointed, frustrated, or shut down? Register here.
Come to learn how to transform your relationships, including the one with yourself, by practicing Nonviolent Communication (NVC). NVC shows you how to shift judgment, demand, and blame into empathic mutual understanding and trust. In doing so, you can find greater authenticity, intimacy, and meaning in your relationships.
Using four simple steps, you will learn how to stay self-connected during challenging conversations; hear others on a cognitive and “core” level; and find solutions that are more satisfying, doable, and effective — and that truly meet your needs and build healthy relationships.
- DATES: Four consecutive Thursdays: Feb. 14, 21, 28, and Mar. 7, 2019
- TIME: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- LOCATION: New York Open Center, 22 E. 30th St. (between Madison and 5th Ave.), New York, NY 10016 (directions)
- PRESENTER: Dian Killian, Ph.D.
- SPONSOR: New York Open Center
- COST: Members of the Open Center: $110. Non-members: $125.
- REGISTER: Go to this page
We are also offering a free 90-minute introduction to this class — and to Nonviolent Communication in general — on Thursday, January 17, 2019 (6:00 pm – 7:30 pm) at the same location… everyone is welcome!