Every day we work hard to connect with other people–to meet our needs, to move projects forward, and to feel less lonely and isolated. So how do you achieve essential “connection” and find alignment even while recognizing diversity in people’s perspectives and preferences? (Register here)
How do you speak your truth, move things forward, and find common ground without being pushy, manipulative, or combative–and in a way that builds trust and relationship long-term?
In this highly interactive 90-minute introductory program by author Dian Killian, Ph.D., you will learn practical tools that you can put into use immediately with family, friends, colleagues, and strangers. Come see how creating a “meeting of the minds” and fostering common ground is possible, even in the most challenging of circumstances.
- DATE: Wednesday, September 4, 2019
- TIMES: Networking: 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM / Program: 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- LOCATION: Design and Source Labs, 143 W. 29th St. (3rd floor), New York, NY 10001 (map)
- HOST: Evolving Voice (a project of Design and Source Labs)
- COST: $40/early bird (by August 15); $50/standard (after Aug. 15)
- REGISTER HERE.
- QUESTIONS: For questions about registration, scholarships, directions, or other logistics call the host 212-265-8632 or IM Facebook
About the Trainer:
Dian Killian, Ph.D., is the founder and lead trainer of Work Collaboratively, an internationally recognized leader in supporting managers and teams in working more effectively together with greater shared vision and harmony.
Dian is the author of Urban Empathy: True Life Adventures of Compassion on the Streets of New York and co-author of Connecting across Differences: How to Connect with Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere. A certified trainer with the Center for Nonviolent Communication and a certified life coach, Dian is passionate about the power of empathy in transforming individual lives and the world.
We’re delighted that you’re planning to join us for this in-person program! We invite you to care for the environment by offsetting your carbon impact in traveling to the event by making a donation to one of these organizations:
- Trees for the Future: Improving the livelihoods of impoverished farmers by revitalizing degraded lands. Donate.
- Tree Sisters: Planetary restoration at the grassroots level with a focus on women and tropical reforestation. Donate.
Work Collaboratively offsets any travel our trainers do by making donations to these two organizations to offset our carbon impact. In addition, we reuse materials, use recycled paper products, and reuse name tag holders. We also avoid using non-reusable, non-durable plastic products.