Most of us spend the majority of our waking hours at work, and workplace practices have a significant impact on all aspects of our society and culture. (Register here)
Yet research shows that only 32% of employees in the U.S. are engaged. An increasing number of people are seeking respectful treatment at work and are invested in creating greater trust between employees and management. So how can we change how we work – and, in doing so, change the world?
Join Dian Killian, Ph.D. to learn game-changing skills that will help you increase communication and trust, have more effective meetings, and increase morale and teamwork. Regardless of your position or rank, or whether your company is structured “top-down” or horizontally, you can become a workplace change-maker.
- DATES: April 8 – December 16, 2020 (every other Wed.)
- TIMES: 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm ET (New York); 9:00 am – 10:30 am PT (Los Angeles) ~ start times around the world
- LOCATION: Your computer, tablet, or smartphone from the convenience of your office or home
- COST: $540 early bird price (through March 18); $675 after March 18. (NVC Multimedia Library Members take additional 20% off — use Coupon Code MML at checkout)
- INSTRUCTOR: Dian Killian, Ph.D.
- QUESTIONS: Email the NVC Academy or visit their event page
In this 9-month online program, which meets twice per month for a total of 19 sessions, you will learn how to:
- Speak up at work, even in the face of power
- Collaborate and work more efficiently and effectively
- Generate greater buy-in and intrinsic motivation
- Create change and move through impasses
- Self-manage your own reactions
- Hold both the needs of employees and management with care
- Give more effective feedback
- Respond effectively and empathically to client / customer concerns
- Skillfully respond to push-back
- Increase “deliverables” on your team’s goals
- Apply NVC skills in meeting facilitation and group requests
Join this program so that you can bring more humanity, fun, and joy to work!
Who will this online program interest?
- Managers who want to work more effectively with their teams.
- Employees who want to experience more empowerment and develop their careers.
- Anyone who wants to increase collaboration and harmony with their colleagues and coworkers.
Become a workplace changemaker!
Whether you are a manager who wants to work more effectively with your team, an employee who wants to experience more empowerment with your boss and greater collaboration and ease with your colleagues, and / or you are simply passionate about bringing NVC into the workplace, this 9-month program will support you in learning and applying game-changing skills and concepts that will make a radical difference in how you live and share NVC, and how you bring it into the workplace.
About the Trainer:
Dian Killian, Ph.D., has been a Certified Trainer with the Center for Nonviolent Communication since 2005 and has offered training around the world. She is a co-author of two well-loved NVC books, Connecting across Differences: How to Connect with Anyone, Anywhere, Any Time (in English and German) and Urban Empathy: True Life Adventures of Compassion on the Streets of New York.
Based in Brooklyn, Dian teaches regularly at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, the 92nd Street Y, the New York Open Center, and the Omega Institute and has worked with diverse organizations including Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Haver Analytics, Americorps, the United Nations Development Program, the Peace Alliance/Department of Peace campaign, New York University, and Cornell University. She is known for sharing NVC in a clear, down-to-earth, and engaging way with humor and stories.