You can join this program at any time during its 9-month span. The next class is Wednesday, September 9, and upon registration, you will receive access to all video and audio recordings, handouts, and other resources used thus far. Joining the program now? Take $100 off the regular registration fees and still enjoy access to all handouts and recordings to date.
Want to really thrive at work? Become a Workplace Collaborative Leader!
Especially now in these challenging times, it’s more important than ever to work well, and work smartly with each other. And it’s even more vital to further develop our communication skills. Give yourself the crucial support you need via the “Let’s Work Collaboratively” Program!
In this 9-month online course, you will learn how to:
- Bring more humanity, compassion and resilience to your work, even in trying times.
- Collaborate to work more efficiently and effectively, even when working remotely.
- Skillfully respond to disagreement, avoidance, and pushback and lack of collaboration from others.
- Speak up and be authentic at work, even in tough situations and across power differences.
- Listen empathically to others and manage your own internal responses, even under fire.
- Generate greater buy-in and intrinsic motivation.
- Lead and participate in more effective, engaging, and efficient meetings.
- Resolve differences in real-time.
- Become the leader you’ve always wanted to be — and know that you can!
Most of us spend the majority of our waking hours at work.
And now, many of us are also juggling tasks at home, including care taking and homeschooling, while also working, real time. Now more than ever we need to be effective, efficient and “awake” at work. We need to find new ways to work well remotely while maintaining our own engagement and the engagement of others. Communication and collaboration are key. Come see how!
- DATES: May 20 – December 16, 2020 (18 sessions; every other Wednesday; see complete list of dates below)
- TIMES: 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm ET (New York); 9:00 am – 10:30 am PT (Los Angeles)
- LOCATION: Your computer, tablet, or smartphone from the convenience of your home or office using Zoom, a free and easy-to-use videoconferencing app (all sessions are audio and video recorded so you can view them if you miss sessions).
- COST: $675 per person
- 20% for groups of 5 or more (email the NVC Academy Help Desk)
- 20% members of the NVC Multimedia Library (use Coupon Code MML)
- INSTRUCTOR: Dian Killian, Ph.D.
- QUESTIONS: Email the NVC Academy
Do you find any of these at your workplace?
- Heavy bureaucracy
- Top-down decision-making
- Endless meetings
- Lack of engagement and follow through
- Erosion of communication and trust
- Silos getting in the way of teamwork
- People digging in their heels
- Low morale
- Confusion about roles
- People “passing the buck” on tasks getting done
- People not speaking up when something important needs to be said
- Conflict with those you depend on to get projects done
- “Bullying” of “passive-aggressive” behavior
What you will learn:
Via the Let’s Work Collaboratively! program, get the empathy you need about your work place challenges and learn how to:
- Skillfully self-manage your own reactions.
- Hold the needs of all parties with care, even when strategies are at odds.
- Give more effective feedback that is heard and acted on.
- Really “get” co-worker and client concerns in an actionable way.
- Stay connected with your own and your team’s underlying objectives and vision.
- Maintain life-work balance and attend to self-care.
- Build your NVC workplace toolkit – including how to more effectively make decisions, lead meetings, come to consensus, and assess and act on team and client needs.
Here is how we will deliver on these objectives:
This 9-month program will meet twice monthly, dive deep, and respond specifically to your current needs and requests. We also will create a community of “change-makers” at work via a community share-space and a peer-support system. Plus, each month you will receive specific articles, materials, and resources designed to support your being inspired, informed, and getting the support you need to get the results you want at work!
What the program includes…
- Twice-monthly sessions for 9 months: We will meet every other Wednesday from 12:00 noon – 1:30 pm ET (New York) from April 8th through December 30th, 2020 for a total of 19 sessions (video and audio recordings of all sessions will be available to everyone who registers).
- Customized Coaching: In each session, we’ll focus on a particular workplace topic and/or skill set, with Dian coaching one or two participants in depth. This is your opportunity to bring your unique situation to the table and receive 1-on-1 guidance. You and others on the call will then benefit from Dian’s masterful and nuanced coaching (called “alchemical” by a master coach!) plus her years of practical experience as an organizational consultant and trainer, helping you find empowering and transformative solutions.
- Dian + Guest Experts and Coaches: Dian will lead at least 15 of the 19 sessions. In these sessions, the focus will be on coaching you and the other participants on specific workplace frustrations, blocks, and challenges and finding transformational solutions. Super hands-on, the coaching will give you specific skills and strategies designed to generate the kind of work environment you can thrive in – one based on mutual respect, trust, and authenticity.
- In addition to Dian’s sessions, up to four of the sessions will be led by guest speakers and coaches – people hand-selected by Dian because of their experience in bringing NVC into the workplace, working on corporate teams with her, and/or initiating innovative and collaborative-based changes at work. You will be inspired by change-makers and given the tools to become a change-maker and a workplace leader yourself!
About the Trainer:
Dian Killian, Ph.D., has been a Certified Trainer with the Center for Nonviolent Communication since 2005 and has offered training around the world. She is a co-author of two well-loved NVC books, Connecting across Differences: How to Connect with Anyone, Anywhere, Any Time (in English and German) and Urban Empathy: True Life Adventures of Compassion on the Streets of New York.
Based in Brooklyn, Dian teaches regularly at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, the 92nd Street Y, the New York Open Center, and the Omega Institute and has worked with diverse organizations including Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Haver Analytics, Americorps, the United Nations Development Program, the Peace Alliance/Department of Peace campaign, New York University, and Cornell University. She is known for sharing NVC in a clear, down-to-earth, and engaging way with humor and stories.
(all dates are 2020; 19 sessions in all)
- April 8 (recording available)
- April 22 (recording available)
- May 6 (recording available)
- May 20
- June 3
- June 17
- July 1
- July 15
- July 29
- August 12
- August 26
- September 9
- September 23
- October 7
- October 21
- November 4
- November 18
- December 2
- December 16