At the basis of all healing and transformation is a person being deeply heard by another.
In this two day immersion in Compassionate, Nonviolent Communication, a model developed by psychologist Marshall Rosenberg PhD and based on the work of Carl Rogers, we will experience first hand the profound impact of being completely and empathically present to others and ourselves and how to integrate empathic listening (including somatic-based empathy and empathic-based inner parts exploration) in our healing work.
This highly experiential workshop includes kinesthetic and somatic learning and practices, role-play, exercises (including to practice with clients), and games. The focus is on integrating core practices with clients.
In this program, learn how to support your clients by helping them to:
- Re-connect when shut-down, stuck, or looping
- Hear what really matters underneath judgments, guilt or shame
- More powerfully identify, express and meet their needs
- Make goals and requests that are proactive and achievable
- Increase self-connection, mind-body awareness, and empathy for themselves and others
Who will this program interest? Therapists and coaches, new and experienced, who want to:
- Be more effective and relational with their clients
- Increase capacity for presence and transformative listening and healing to new, deeper levels
- Learn practical tools you can apply immediately in your work with clients
- Attune and attach more effectively, creating more positive change with clients
- Fine tune their skills with individuals and couples—to help clients access deep healing, freedom from self-judgment, and more effective and authentic connection with others
What participants are saying:
“Intelligent creative alive method.”
“Dian is amazing. A transformative experience.”
“A boost to my own abilities and insights as a therapist.”
Two day intensive: March 1st- 2nd, 2018
9am-5:00, both days
Note: CEUs are available for a $25 fee.
Early Bird: $397
Students (5 seats available): $297
Register for the practicum, Skillful Presence, AND this immersion — get a $100 discount!
Early Bird for both programs: $667
Regular for both programs: $767
Early Bird registration ends December 16, 2017.
LifeWorks, 3700 S. 1st Street, Austin, TX 78704
Please note that this program is open only to licensed therapists (LCSWs, LMSWs, LPCs, LPCIs, LMFTs, LMFT-As), full time school counselors, RNs specializing in counseling, pastoral care professionals, graduate students in MA level counseling programs, or Certified coaches who are working full time as professional coaches.